Friday 16 January 2009

Argeles - St Beat/St Gaudens

This is a route I take when I want to go east west on the french side. It takes me about 8 hours. Most people will take 12. That's pretty continuos riding time - minimal breaks - say 1 hour in the 8 total. Bear in mind I do all my riding here and I figure most people will take more time to complete it. I would say if you're not used to continuous switchbacks allow 2 days to ride it - or set of at 6 a.m. with a view to getting into St Gaudens in the evening. Going Argeles to St Beat following this route is not recommended. to get an idea of what it's like open the map in one window and watch the slide show in another!


View Larger Map

View map in a seperate window

I have tried to relate the photos to the correct roads where i can:


I do try and update the maps and the photos when i can so feel free to drop by anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment